Nintendo will allow fans to reserve a ticket to play the new Super Smash Bros. for Switch at E3 2018 ahead of time, the company announced.
Attendees will be able to either reserve a ticket to play against others “for fun,” or reserve a ticket to play against others “for glory” in a competitive elimination match.
Here is how the reservation system will work, via Nintendo:
- Anyone who registers for E3 2018 by May 31 will receive an email from E3 organizers on June 5 with details about how to reserve one electronic ticket to play the game (available while time slots last). Attendees should make sure to add [email protected] to their safe sender lists so the email doesn’t get lost in their junk folders.
- Signing up to play the game ahead of time is mandatory. No on-site registration will be available.
- Tickets will be in the form of QR Code patterns that can be stored on a smartphone or printed out.
- For more details about ticketing, visit https://e3.nintendo.com/attendee-faq for continuing updates.
- Reservations will not be taken for any other games at Nintendo’s booth, which will be available to play on a first-come, first-served basis.
Attendees who bring their Switch systems to the show and are spotted playing them may be selected by roaming members of the Nintendo team to receive an exclusive, collectible Switch pin (while supplies last).
E3 2018 runs from June 12 to 14 in Los Angeles.